1. Get into a comfortable posture. Gently close your eyes. Allow your body to be supported by the chair. Notice how your body feels as it presses against the chair.
2. Notice the fact that your breath is already moving in and out without any conscious effort on your part.
3. Focus your attention on the breath moving out of your nose, as it leaves the nostrils.
4. When your attention wanders, as it tends to do, make a note to yourself ‘wandering’ and then return your awareness back to the flow of the breath through your nostrils. Make an effort to keep it up for 3 minutes. When you’re ready, stepping it up to five minutes will have even better results.
5. Allow yourself a few more breaths before slowly opening your eyes
That’s it! If you do this once a day, you will notice a change in the way you feel. Play around with how long, what time of day and where you meditate. Don’t let a shortage of time stop you from a regular practice. Any amount of time meditating is better than none at all.
Let us know how this works for you and write us if you have any questions.