What you probably already know, but may sometimes forget is that possessions, status or position won’t bring you enduring happiness. Studies have shown over and over that happiness is an inside job. When you focus on what’s good in your life and on how much you appreciate others, happiness is a natural outcome. When it grows, it’s reflected in your outer circumstances.
Positive feedback loop.
Steve and Jarl
Try this experiment each day for 21 days (brought to you by Shawn Achor):
1) Write down three new things you’re grateful for.
2) Free write for 2 minutes describing a positive experience you had in the last 24 hours.
3) Focus on your breath going in and out for 20 counts.
4) Write one quick email each morning expressing your appreciation to a co-worker or loved one.
5) Do some (any) form of exercise for 10 minutes each day.
Watch this inspiring and humorous Ted Talk by Shawn Achor.
If you want to develop the positive daily habits for lasting happiness, consider enrolling in our highly lauded e-course: